Monday, May 20, 2013

TV Quote of the Day (Seinfeld, on the Fine Art of Breaking Up)



Gwen (played by Linda Kash) "It's not you, it's me...."

George Costanza (played by Jason Alexander)” "You're giving me the 'It's not you, it's me' routine? I invented 'It's not you, it's me.' Nobody tells me it's them, not me. If it's anybody, it's me!"

Gwen: "Alright, George, it's you."

George: "You're damn right it's me."

Gwen: "Look, I was just trying to...."

George: "I know what you were trying to do. Nobody does it better than me."

Gwen: "Well, I'm sure you do it very well."

George: "Yes, well, unfortunately you'll never get the chance to find out." --George and Gwen, breaking up, in Seinfeld, "The Lip Reader" episode, 506, Season 5, Episode 6, teleplay by Carol Leifer, directed by Tom Cherones, original air date October 28, 1993

No comments: