Wednesday, February 25, 2015

TV Quote of the Day (Ron of ‘Parks And Recreation,’ on Blueberry Wine)



“I don't drink alcohol from that portion of the color spectrum.”—Ron Swanson (played by Nick Offerman), on blueberry wine, in Parks And Recreation, Season 6, Episode 19, “Flu Season 2,” air date April 10, 2014, teleplay by Dave King and Megan Amram, directed by Nick Offerman

After seven years, Parks and Recreation aired its series finale last night. It might have been a bit hard for the Democratic-leaning Amy Poehler to contemplate, but, as this Daily Beast post from Asawin Suebsaeng noted, it was a subsidiary character, Ron Swanson. who became a libertarian hero of sorts. Credit to Ms. Poehler and her show’s scriptwriters for making him comic but not a caricature. (Not that I agree with his brand of politics, but it’s good to see more than one political point of view get an airing on television.)

Johnny-come-lately as I am, at some point, I’ll have to find a channel where the series goes into syndication so I can catch the episodes that I missed.

No comments: