Monday, June 22, 2015

TV Quote of the Day (‘Seinfeld,’ on George, A Woman, and Horse Manure)



Jerry Seinfeld (played by Jerry Seinfeld): “Well,let me ask you this. What exactly did you say when you asked her out?

George Costanza (played by Jason Alexander):” I said, ‘would you like to go for a walk or something.’”

Jerry: “Oh, a walk, well –“

George: “Or something. I said, ‘Or Something!’”

Jerry: “Or something. Yeah, that's a date.”

George: (snaps fingers) “There you go.”

Jerry: “You know there is always the possibility, that she called an audible.”

George: “What do you mean?”

Jerry: “Well, she got up to the line of scrimmage, didn’t like the looks of the defense and changed the play.”

George: “I think things were going ok. We were having a nice conversation.”

Jerry: “Uh huh.”

George: “I mentioned how I liked horse manure.”

Jerry: “You did?”

George: “Yeah.”

Jerry: “Yeah. You said you liked horse manure.”

George: “Yeah. You know, about how when you break it down, it's really a very positive thing. You know, you have a ‘nure,’ with a ‘ma’ in front of it. MA-NURE. It's not bad.”

Jerry: “And it was around this point that she mentioned the boyfriend?”

George: “Yeah.” (Jerry nodding) ... “Oh, you think because of what I said about the manure. I was just saying how it takes a negative thing, and puts it on a positive spin on it.”

Jerry: “I’m just saying there's a chance she may not have been enamored with your thoughts and feelings on manure.”—Seinfeld, Season 6, Episode 7, “The Soup,” teleplay by Fred Stoller, directed by Andy Ackerman, original air date Nov. 10, 1994

No comments: