Sunday, September 18, 2016

Photo of the Day: ‘South Park’ in Shubert Alley, NYC



Normally, on my way to and from work at Rockefeller Center, Broadway’s Shubert Alley is lined with posters for upcoming or current plays. But this past week, my eye was caught by a mural painted on the ground intended to promote the 20th season of South Park.

I confess that the potty-mouthed reputation of the show has left me disinclined to sample the long-running Comedy Central animated series. But the caricatures on the ground were so vivid that I had to dig out my camera and photograph the scene as soon as possible, as I was able to do this past Saturday afternoon.

Whether or not you’re a fan of the show, getting a look at this unexpected splash of color in the Broadway district is worth a few minutes of your time.

No comments: